Tuesday 7 April 2015

AWOL, me???..............

Oh I am so so sorry for not posting an up date since Saturday :(

To be totally honest with you all the days after Saturday have been a total blur!  Today I woke and felt ok, not back to being totally ok but ok! Ha ha hope that makes some sense??

Being the Easter weekend, Thursday we relied on the pharmacy delivering my gabapentin pain medication.  Unfortunately they did not deliver it and the whole weekend for me was torture.  My own supply of gabapentin run out Friday so I knew I was in for a rough ride. I managed to get through Saturday, ......... Sunday and Monday are a blur.

Apparently I was drifting in and out of sleep.  Jon had managed to get hold of an emergency doctor, he prescribed some gabapentin and thankfully han's friend shiv...she drives.  So Han and shiv went to collect the meds and since then I have been slowly increasing my dosage.  

Oh it's terrible, I must of been in a state of withdrawal and then getting the meds a flood of intake!  Oh my I never ever want to go through that again.  

Today jon called the pharmacy and I am disgusted with what he found out,.... The delivery driver did not deliver it on Thursday due to him wanting to finish early to go away for the bank holiday!  OMG!! Do these people not understand they are relied on??? That they are needed?? 

Lesson learned here..... Although my medications are on automatic delivery, I think I will get jon to chase up my meds for the next bank holiday!  I cannot go through that again.

Sorry there is no stitching.... Ha ha I have been asleep!! 

Just wanted you all to know that I am still here and not gone AWOL!! 

So now I am back.... I hope you all had a lovely happy Easter?  And ate lots of chocolate eggs?  I did not have any chocolate!  Wished for some though!!! There is always next year!

Smiles you you all.....and I will either do an update on some stitching later or tomorrow....take care xx

Smiles :)

Xx

7 comments:

  1. Oh dear! Sleeping is good, getting addicted to meds isn't good but the pain isn't good either. Honey, you should have a talk with your knee - seriously. Tell your knee that isn't fun anymore and is time to get better. Get angry with your knee, after all that darn thing is keeping you in bed for three and some months! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquie, as you know from our discussion earlier, my blood just boils over this. I too am on Gabapentin, I know the dangers of just going off and just going on. Did you know you could seizure from this? I didn't mention that to you before. Didn't want to scare you. If I could kick that dope of a driver in the shin, without hurting myself, I would!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your horrible easter! It is simply unbelievable how irresponsible and thoughtless people can be - as a delivery driver of medicin you have to be able to understand that people depend on that medicine, especially over a holiday period! I'm glad you're feeling better now though, and I hope you can get some soothing stitching done again:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Urgg! How awful Jacquie! Thank goodness you have your meds now. Hugs love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you have had such a bad time of it. Hope everything will get better for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've had some lovely post recently Jacqui, what a nice gift from Ingrid.
    Chocolate hot cross buns?? ewww... i'll stick to my ordinary ones and have my chocolate as a Lindt bunny (with the recycled use of his bell and ribbon for my craft projects) I put a pic of him before I eat him on my blog lol.

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)