Monday 21 July 2014

Monday 21 st July 2014....


As you can see from my top photo I have been stitching away... I love this word... such a ...



word!  ha ha another great word!

And what are these off.... 
this....



Its the wonderful design "Find Your Happy Place" I am stitching from Blue Ribbon Designs... I LOVE IT!  Belinda also has an amazing website with all her wonderful designs available, take a look HERE.

Close up...



I was hoping to get it all finished apart from the border.. still, not a lot left to do :)  I am pleased with my progress... even though I did still get side tracked on other things... as I do!




This morning I was rudely awoken at 4 am... with what sounded like screeching.  My bedroom window was wide open so I looked out and saw this on the grass...



A baby seagull.. looked a bit disorientated and I think was screeching for its mum...   I checked for it later and it (as sex unknown!) was gone... I hope the mother found it.

Whilst in the garden I found... yes found as I rarely venture in the back garden... so found these... 

Blackberries.. lots of them!!





And flowers!!...





Rather shocked actually!  I think the blackberries will get picked when ripe!  I do wish we had a more suitable rear garden... see not even Jon can get out here... the ground is so uneven, lumpy grass and no patio so its dangerous for Jon.  I would love some raised flower beds where he could grow some plants, when we lived in France he grew lots of things... melons, tomato, grapes, lemons, peppers... and lots of flowers.  One day he will get back out there... such a lovely hobby too.  So yes at the moment all I use the garden for is hanging out washing as its far too much for just me to up keep.  My dad very kindly comes around every so often and mows the grass as he has a petrol mower.  Shame really as I know we would sit out there more.  As they say... all good things come to those that wait!  :)


I have decided to give that quilt a go... a HUGE project for me I know... be I love a good challenge.  I mean before attempting applique I never thought I was able to do it... I will try anything!!

Here is the design if you missed it...


I am crazy right!?  I think I will do the middle and see where that takes me... its going to be a long project for me I know... I will hopefully get it finished by the end of this year?  Is that a good time scale?  All going to be had sew applique.. ha ha those 2 daisies I did as a trial on the pin cushion I made near enough took me all day! ha ha  Its going to take me a while lets say!! ha  ha  But I can still post up dates on how I am getting on if you would like?  I plan to start it as soon as I have finished my Blue Ribbon Design.


One last thing to tell you all about is good news on the Travelling Chart... The lucky person was Simona from Crocette, sogni and co. blog I was thrilled that she is thrilled about stitching it and WOW!! Please go take a look at her blog, she is relatively new to blogging so I know would love you all to pay her a visit and say hello.  And dont forget to check back with her later as she will be posting the photo of her Lizzie Kate Travelling Chart once done... then offering it to another lucky person...

Well Done Simona and happy stitching! :)



I am a very happy person as I know some of my 'happy' packages have arrived!  I love to spread happiness.. just to make one person smile a day would be nice and so lovely to see or know I have done that too...

Right... back to my stitching...

Smiles and Happy Monday to you all :)

xx  :) xx

4 comments:

  1. Oooh do I foresee a blackberry crumble on the horizon? Hehe! I love blackberries, they are a great freebie from nature in the autumn. We have raspberries in our garden and the yield is just going crazy year after year! Can't get through them quick enough. Maybe one day you will get your perfect garden that'll be just right for you to sit and stitch, and Jon to sit and tend his veg.
    Big hugs :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are having a great summer and what a lovely garden. On the contrary in Northern Italy the weather is hawful and we are indoor with closed windows: unbelivable. Thanks for referring to my young blog, I'll welcome everyone passing by! LoL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little birdie, bet he got told off by mum for wandering off!
    The Blue Ribbon design is coming on a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Blackberries, to make some lovely tarts or jam :) Great progress on your stitching, it's really coming along nicely :) Oooh, and yes I have received one of your Smiley post, so sweet. Thank youxxx

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)