Tuesday 12 February 2013

What I used to eat...

Thought I would share what I ate in a typical day before starting with The Weight Loss Guys...

I should put a warning on this... I know its going to be shocking!  I am NOT proud of this fact, but I think in order for me to fully understand how far I have already come this is necessary.

Previous typical day...

Breakfast...

Nothing!! 



Snack...

 4 doorstep slices of toast with heaps of butter or 4 -6 crumpets smoothered in heaps of butter
Half a packet of biscuits
Coffee with 1 sugar
Can of pepsi max



Snack...

Anything from 6 to 12 packets of crisps (1 after the other)
Coffee with 1 sugar
Can of pepsi max



Lunch...

4 slices of bread made into sandwiches, filled with cheese and tuna mayonaise
Can of pepsi max
Packet of jelly sweets


Snack...

Cakes, sweets, crisps
Can of pepsi max



Snack...

Coffee with 1 sugar
Half a packet of biscuits 



Dinner...

Massive plate full of oven chips, and a large pepperoni pizza
Can of pepsi max
Packet of jelly sweets



Snack...

A large bowl of ice cream or a large tub of Ben and Jerry's ice cream
Coffee with 1 sugar



Snack...

A large bowl of rice crispies or cornflakes with half fat milk
2 - 4 slices of doorstep toast with heaps of butter


This is just a snapshot of some of the things I used to eat, and looking at it I am myself REALLY shocked!  I have never seen it laid out like this... OH MY! :(

The amount of coffee and pepsi I drank... so bad... and OH the fat content!! NOoooo!!!  And looking at it... I DID really eat all that in one day :(

Then I think and look at what I am eating now, OMG!! I am eating SO much healthier, and I feel SO much better for it.  I am really loving the food choices I am making now too.

Trying to find the courage to put some 'fat' photo's of me at my worst on here... its mind over matter!! I AM losing weight, it IS going... I am so ashamed of myself for getting the size I am... the hope is that by posting me at my worst it will help me find the inner strength I need to succeed.   No going back... only way is forward :)

A little update... well this evening at my exercise session (13th February 2013) I had my photo taken, a front and rear shot.  OMG OMG!! When I saw them later the reaction I have is totally unexpected.  I think its the first photo I have seen of my 'rear' and the first thing that I felt was huge embarrassment, shame and then I think my heart sank... I knew I was big, but OMG, really.  I SERIOUSLY have to get to grips with this... I am EVEN more determine now more than ever to shift the weight.  I cannot believe my body actually looks like that, what was I thinking living like that??  It all makes sense now, why people called me names and said hurtful things to me... because I am huge.  And OK I know I am huge, I am not in denial, BUT... I really had NO clue I was that big.  I have saved them on my PC... I am not ready to share them yet, I am so embarrassed... so I will pledge now that at some point I will, I still think the process will help me... but not yet.


The Weight Loss Guys have given me another boost, with this... " Believe in yourself and all that you are.  Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle" - Christian D Larson.  

Feeling good now and I am prepared to take on the world... I WILL DO THIS, I WILL AND AM LOSING WEIGHT!! I think I am going to put that on my wall and make sure I read it every day :)

4 comments:

  1. Be kind to yourself about these 'before' photos. Are you really ready? If it were me I would find it easier to wait until there were some good 'after' photos to go with them. Otherwise I would fall into a guilt depression. Any time I am brought face to face with my actual size I just want to give up and rush to comfort eating:( But we are all different, so good luck whatever you choose to do. You are doing so well, I am very impressed by the changes you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thank you, I am still thinking about the photo's... but I have thought a bit about it and its not the fact that people would see me at my largest... not at all.

    Its the fact that I am so embarrassed for getting that large in the first place. I know I am losing weight now and to be honest I am that determine that nothing is going to stop me, I will not give up. I think I will take your suggestion on board and maybe wait just a little longer so that I can show some difference between the old photo's and new one's.

    I think somewhere I have mentioned this, I feel very different this time around... I know that I AM and WILL do this, I just know.

    I will see how it goes... but thank you :) I appreciate your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you would be very brave to put photos up, I doubt I could do it if it was me. But I would say, please don't be ashamed of yourself for getting to that size - the important thing is that you are doing so much to change and inspiring others while you do so. If you think posting photos helps you then by all means do so, but don't worry if you don't want to do that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get weighed again this week... maybe I will wait until I have my measurements taken again... that will be interesting to know how many inches I have lost! I think the photos of me when I look at them all I think is, change!! Do something about this!! How did you let yourself get that large!! I think it will be for me a positive experience to post them, knowing aswell once I have done it that is it and there is no going back to that size! A huge visual record, if you like. I am trying to look at things logically and work out the best way to tackle my weight journey so that is helps me, encourages me and motivates me to want to succeed more. I know I will succeed, its a long road... but I WILL get there! Thank you Barbara for giving me confidence :)

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)